Monday, June 4, 2012

My color scheme!

Ever since the moment I found out I was going to be teaching 2nd grade my brain has been swimming with thematic ideas for my classroom decor! I first thought that I wanted to go with a Sweet Shoppe/Candy type theme. Then I decided that it would be too expensive to have to buy everything that is related to that theme and started pondering ways to simplify. I thought about what I liked most about the theme; the colors or the actual picture elements. I decided that it was definitely the colors that I liked the most so I began looking at pictures and paring down the specific colors that I liked the most. 
For example I love the pinks in this picture:



and I love the subtlety of the colors in this photo:


and then I saw this photo and knew I had found "the one":



so based on all of this I came up with this color scheme for my room and I couldn't be happier!


I am going to try and pull in all these color while also incorporating the grey's and blacks that are already a part of my room. 

I already have a list of DIY projects that are in the works for my room. I can't wait to start sharing them with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment